City & Community
The City of Buellton Planning Department was recently recognized as a “Green Business”. The Green Business Program of Santa Barbara County helps businesses in the cities of Carpinteria, Santa Barbara, Goleta, Buellton, Solvang, Santa Maria, and Guadalupe, as well as the unincorporated areas of Santa Barbara County to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and recognizes them for their efforts.
City Projects completed:
- 2019 State of the City
- Retrofit of lights on Ave of Flags to LED
- Retrofit of lights in Post office to LED
- Waterwise Landscaping at City Hall
- Reduced water use in all irrigation areas (Gold is the new Green)
- Replaced lighting in City Hall and Planning to LED
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
City Projects underway:
- Wind/Solar energy supplemental power at WasteWater Treatment Plant
- Green Business Program of Santa Barbara County
- The Santa Ynez Valley Botanical Garden
- LessIsMore.org – Info and ideas on how to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. This site is the ultimate waste reduction resource for residents of Santa Barbara County. Most of the programs serve Buellton.
- Green Gardener Program - Spring classes are underway at Santa Barbara City College Continuing Education Division in Santa Barbara, or Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria.